- Once you get your MoviePass card in the mail download the app and sign in (if you haven’t already).
- You may be prompted to activate your card. If you see the red banner requesting card activation, click it and follow the prompts (see more on how to activate your card here). NOTE: some user’s cards will get auto activated, in which case you will receive an in-app message notifying you that your card is already active (no further action needs to be taken in this case).
- Before you head to the theater, search the app for movies, theaters and showtimes to make sure your choice is available on MoviePass.
- Head to the theater. When you arrive at your chosen theater, use the app select your movie and showtime (at the theater you are located), and click the “Check In” button that appears. (Note: you must be within 100 yards of the theater to check in).
- Upon check-in your MoviePass card will be activated. Just swipe the card with a ticket agent or at a theater kiosk to get your ticket! (You’ll have 30 minutes to swipe your card after checking in)
- If you'd like to learn about checking into e-ticketing theaters, click here.